Hip-hop album reviews, downloads and more.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Kid Ink "Up & Away" Review

There is not much to say about Kid Ink's debut album, Up & Away, other than that it's highly average and in no way original or interesting. This isn't the worst hip-hop record ever released, but there is really no reason to listen to it, or even acknowledge the young rapper's existence. Sure this might be enjoyable for the casual hip-hop fan, but even then I'm not sure it's worth any money. The beats aren't that bad and the opening track, admittedly is somewhat enjoyable. But by track 4, Act Like That, this album becomes irritating. I honestly can't get all the way through this release. If that voids my opinion then so be it, but I think half of a play through is all that's needed to form a realistic idea of Up & Away. I know I won't need to check out any more of Kid Ink's career.

Preview Here

No comments:

Post a Comment