Hip-hop album reviews, downloads and more.

Saturday 2 June 2012

Madchild "The Ep Collection" Review


Madchild, of Swollen Members, is my favorite rapper right now. Madchild's unique voice and style should draw any hip-hop fan in. If that's not enough, maybe his charisma, personal (and often comedic) lyrics and skill will. Shane Bunting isn't afraid to tell his audience about every aspect of his life. In Little Bad Wolf he discusses  his legal problems; "Yo I tried to get into the States, they weren’t having it/Going through my bag like a bunch of savages /Customs agent looking like he’s mad at me/Cause I got friends that look like Sons of Anarchy". In Drugs In My Pocket he reminds us of his battle with drug addiction; "I need some help/I've never felt this fucked/cause I had everything and then I had to self destruct."  


Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think this release has any flaws. This 17 track collection of his 4 EPs is just terrific. If you have never heard Madchild, check out Dungeon Dragon and Drugs In My Pocket. If these songs don't have you hooked, there must be something wrong. The low-point of this release is right at the end; the final two tracks. Wanted and I'm OK can't stand up to the rest of the record, but are still not bad by any means.
Madchild's debut solo album Dope Sick is currently a work in progress.


http://www.madchild57.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment